Smith Insurance Group VERY POOR SERVICE
Re: Smith Insurance Group - Very Poor Service
I was notified by my Home Owners Insurance carrier that I needed to replace my roof or my insurance would be cancelled. I received this notice about 8 months before my renewal. I went ahead and had my roof replaced with a metal roof, secondary water barrier and fortified to today’s code. Still with plenty of time for the renewal, I provided all of the necessary information to the agent (Alexis Smith) regarding the completed roofing project.
Her last email to me was "I will get this sent to the company and we will see what it saves you. Let's give it a few weeks and then we can follow-up, but you will be getting a new declaration page in the mail as well."
I was waiting for this declaration page to come in the mail and never received it. When I followed up with Alexis, I find out that I had been dropped by the carrier. I was NOT even notified of this by Smith Ins Group. It was my follow-up that spurred them to look into it. Meanwhile, I was without insurance for the month of Sept - Hurricane Season in Florida!!
I was first surprised at their response, which was blaming the carrier (St Johns) and I let them know that was not my concern - Smith is my agent and they should be on top of this, especially communicating back to me. She then dusted that over by quickly getting me into another company who offered me a good rate, but appeared to be a bait and switch because the long and short of it - I was now paying about $1,000 MORE after replacing my old roof...
Lastly, I went back to Alexis (to offer a chance for retribution) and find out why the amount was so much higher now, as this was nowhere close to the quotes she provided originally and she said they were the best she could do. I let her know this was unacceptable, especially since the reason (I felt) the insurance was so much higher was because I had a lapse in coverage. She again refused to take responsibility and even stated "they are not babysitters"...
I would highly recommend anyone looking for a Home Owners Insurance Agency to NOT use Smith Insurance Group unless you are looking for problems and poor service. Not only are they not "babysitters" - but they don’t do their jobs!bf184fb
You may also like
- "This man is a private tutor based in Bradford. He has lied about his Education on his LinkedIn profile and he is denying the act entirely. I have evidence of this..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "I am an 18 year old girl with long, wavy, brown hair (can be seen in the picture). My hair tends to get a little frizzy but nothing to hard..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "I made a negotiation in one of the advertise in Weyburn Garage. it's a 2000 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 AWD 4dr. Posted last Novv. 16, 2014 up to present. They asked..."
- "I spent over $5,000 on a bedroom suite and it was given to me with many flaws as the pictures show. Customer service within the store is terrible..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."