Smith Insurance Group VERY POOR SERVICE
Re: Smith Insurance Group - Very Poor Service
I was notified by my Home Owners Insurance carrier that I needed to replace my roof or my insurance would be cancelled. I received this notice about 8 months before my renewal. I went ahead and had my roof replaced with a metal roof, secondary water barrier and fortified to today’s code. Still with plenty of time for the renewal, I provided all of the necessary information to the agent (Alexis Smith) regarding the completed roofing project.
Her last email to me was "I will get this sent to the company and we will see what it saves you. Let's give it a few weeks and then we can follow-up, but you will be getting a new declaration page in the mail as well."
I was waiting for this declaration page to come in the mail and never received it. When I followed up with Alexis, I find out that I had been dropped by the carrier. I was NOT even notified of this by Smith Ins Group. It was my follow-up that spurred them to look into it. Meanwhile, I was without insurance for the month of Sept - Hurricane Season in Florida!!
I was first surprised at their response, which was blaming the carrier (St Johns) and I let them know that was not my concern - Smith is my agent and they should be on top of this, especially communicating back to me. She then dusted that over by quickly getting me into another company who offered me a good rate, but appeared to be a bait and switch because the long and short of it - I was now paying about $1,000 MORE after replacing my old roof...
Lastly, I went back to Alexis (to offer a chance for retribution) and find out why the amount was so much higher now, as this was nowhere close to the quotes she provided originally and she said they were the best she could do. I let her know this was unacceptable, especially since the reason (I felt) the insurance was so much higher was because I had a lapse in coverage. She again refused to take responsibility and even stated "they are not babysitters"...
I would highly recommend anyone looking for a Home Owners Insurance Agency to NOT use Smith Insurance Group unless you are looking for problems and poor service. Not only are they not "babysitters" - but they don’t do their jobs!review #473601
You may also like
- "Everyone who experienced last year hail should read this story. Today, for the forth time since the hail storms last July, a State Farm insurance adjuster visited my house. By..."
- "The Dentists Insurance Company (TDIC) Didn't replace all damaged equipment, remediate mold or pay loss of income to restore water damaged dental practice in Phoenix, AZ. Does TDIC actually..."
- "I went threw ESurance to get a renters policy on my apartment with Homesite Insurance, I did this because I had had several break ins at my apartment in 2014,..."
- "We also have the same problem. Purchased from Hudson Furniture in Sarasota on 10/29/11. Didn't move in to the home until June of 2012. Two years later with very little..."
- "I too applied for a position here even though I was a bit skeptical about the position. They had me pretty fooled with their slick-looking website. When I..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "This is what I received from Kaiser when I asked what happened to my emails from January 2012 to February 2012 when I filed a complaint about the Hippa Breach...."
- "I received a box of creams and was billed $17.84 for shipping costs. The invoice in the box showed no charge, but I was aware I would be paying for..."
- "My mother and I visited an Applebee's in Covington,VA. Upon being seated at a booth, I immediately noticed how nasty no flifthy the booths were. The fabric on the..."